Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rescued and Happy

Sunday, November 13th

My heart melted today. As I neared the tent for church little Sara, the orphan that was just rescued, was the first one to greet me. She ran toward me with a great big smile and grabbed my hand. As we walked hand in hand here older brother, Sonya, came and joined us. He took the other hand. It is wonderful to know that they will have many opportunities in life available to them. They are happy, healthy and bright children. They will be well fed, cared for and have a good education through Seeds Children’s Home.

When church is over the orphans all pile into a matatu (transportation van) and are taken back to their home. There are smiles in every window as they drive out.

Children walk the streets and many are rescued and taken to good homes. However, there never seems to be a shortage of street children.

As I left church today I was approached by a man that had spent years sleeping in a ditch and finding his food in the dumps. He was not a child but a grown man. With his fist in my face he informs me that his name is Chinese. He told me that he was strong and like a football player. I heard of his strength and power not once but several times. His fist continued to stay at face level.

I discerned that this conversation was not going any place and that he wanted to argue. So I looked him in the eye and told him that I had angels from heaven protecting me and they were all around me. He looked stunned and was lost for words. His fist went down. I began to talk to him about Jesus and the condition of his heart. He allowed me to pray with him but not until he went to his knees. As we are praying another little street girl about 3 years old joins us. She is wide eyed and very precious. Her hair is so red, a sure sign of malnutrition.

Chinese and I walked a ways together to buy a loaf of bread for him and the baby. Their habits over take their need for food so many times and the babies will often go hungry. Giving him a loaf of bread is just a temptation for him to resell it and use the money on his habit. So before we leave I take the loaf of bread and rip it wide open and inform him it is for the babies and not to resell.

Psalms 34:7 The angel of Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.

1 comment:

Kati Victa said...

me and the children are praying for you Sis Linda, God bless you!