Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rich In Love

The days are getting much hotter now. It has not rained for three days. Already the ground is cracking because it is so dry.


Three young men in their early twenties have been shot and killed in Kawangware. It happened late at night. No one knows exactly what happened. One boy was a relative to Pastor Chris. This month he has buried three family members. Please remember to pray for him.


Today I taught a primary class for a short time. The younger class is learning the short vowel sounds in English. With A piece of chalk, one small black board and a pointer stick we learned about the short "O" sound. They loved it when I drew the picture beside the word. However my "fox" got called a cow and then a dog. Then we went into a ladies meeting. I had been asked to open their meeting up with prayer before leaving Kawangware for the day.


We have also been visiting house to house this week. One lady began to cry as I told her that she was loved. We told her she wasn't forgotten and we were there to pray with her. She feel to her knees, lifted her hands in the air and with tears coming down her face we prayed together. One very very thin man wanted prayer for his illness. I shared with him how God had healed me years ago. I could see him feeding on each word I spoke.


Another woman tells us of how God has healed her feet. We had prayed with her days earlier. Her feet quite swollen and painful before the prayer are now normal size and without pain.


We walk through the Congo area. I hear one man call out my name. I turn to see a man that was staggering weeks ago. I had stopped to tell him that Jesus loved him. I had prayed with him before parting. Now I see a man filling cans with charcoal to sell beside the road. He so proudly tells me "I'm working!"


Psalm 145:8 The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and RICH IN LOVE.

No comments: