Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Call Out His Name

I bought some "American" food today. (Tuesday) Pastor Alfred & one of his elders walked with me into the Westlands shopping area.  I have dried soups, popcorn, spaghetti, peanut butter and plum jam. J  I also found an umbrella & rubber boots for walking in the mud. 

 

In the afternoon I went back into the slums of Kawangware. I was sad to hear about a six year old girl that had died. She was walking behind her mom & she slipped into the drainage ditch. The rains have made the ditches higher and faster running.  She could not be found when her mom realized she was missing. The current had taken her away. They found her two days later but in a different area.

 

It is so good to hear my name called out as I walk the streets of Kawangware.  Some of the women will leave their stands to great me as I walk by. Every now & then my path crosses with those that have recently accepted Jesus. They take a minute to visit before they continue on.  Children walking home from school run to grab my hand.  It is not just my hand any more, they know me by name.  I walk to town, miles from Kawangware, a man stops me and thanks me for praying for him.

 

How happy Jesus must be when we call out his name! How it must touch his heart when we take a few minutes from our busy day and talk to him. How our hearts would sing if we would remember to grab his hand and walk with him.

 

I can not remember all the people I have prayed for. I have prayed for so many. I am so thankful for the opportunity to walk with them and to see their needs. I've cared about them deeply but today I feel their pain. I pray for them knowing God is all powerful.

 

At the close of the day I can rejoice as I have two new brothers in Christ.  A young man 21 yrs old & his neighbor accepted Jesus into their heart today.

 

My feet are tired but my heart is happy.

No comments: