Monday, October 13, 2008

Reading Glasses Bless Many

It is a hot Monday here in Africa.  Last night brought heavy showers and now there are many puddles to avoid. I walked with Pastor Adrian today.  Pastor Chris has returned to his home village. It is a 6 hour bus ride from here. Last week two of his cousins died.  One cousin died of a short illness. The other cousin died here in Nairobi. Gangsters shot & killed him. He was working as a guard.  When he opened the gate they shot him.  Please pray for Pastor Chris & his family.

 

We continue to visit door to door.  Many people ask me to pray that they will find work. There are marriages that need healing.  There are physical needs that only God can heal. I continue to pray for every need placed before me.  I hold the hands of those who are hungry. I look into the faces of those who are thrown out of their homes.  I sit and hear the cry of mothers for their sick babies. I ask God to open the womb of those who want children.  I hug the mother that has lost a child. My heart breaks.  My strength comes from above. It comes from the one I love.

 

The angels are rejoicing!  One young woman in her early twenties accepted Jesus into her heart today.

 

SUNDAY morning I spoke at "The Lord Worship Center" in Kawangware.  It was so good to see new faces join us. My heart sang when Rose joined us again. She is a new Christian with many needs. She always looks for me when she is feeling troubled. We have prayed together many times. I know God has something very special for "Rose". I spoke on Acts 12 & Heb 11:5  "Pleasing God".  As I described Peter knocking at the door I went from English into Swahili.  I wish you could have seen their faces light up. There were smiles on every face.  It is only a few Swahili words here and there but it brings them great joy. The pastors have also tried to make me as African as possible. They have taken me to a seamstress to be measured & fitted. They want me to wear African clothes when I preach. They want me to look "smart" & "African".

 

I have given out many reading glasses. They are treasured by those who received them. The glasses were collected by Newington Town Church in Newington, NH. The people here are very thankful for the gift.  Many pastors have found a pair that helps them read easier. It is such a tremendous gift for them to be able to read again. Many thanks!

No comments: