Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Will Sing

It seems like Sunday just ended and here it is again The days come and go so quickly.

 

Sundays the roads in Kawangware are packed with people. Many filling their time with emptiness. Other people are coming and going.  Every once in awhile you'll hear a "beep, beep" and everyone including goats, cows, and sheep will step to the side so the car can pass.  The roads here are more for the people than the vehicles.  Walking is the main source of transportation.  Streets are lined with venders who are setting up their goods for the day. Wagons of bananas, tomatoes and greens sit in the hot sun.  Men on foot pull their carts loaded with goods. Women carry buckets of water on their heads with a baby tied to their back. The feet of cows & chickens are cooking on the open fire.

 

Drums begin to beat as the different faiths begin to meet.  Some in robes march through the streets, others meet in darkness.  There are those who chant and stomp their feet. Music rolls in waves throughout the day.  It is Sunday in Kawangware.

 

The mother of the little girl that had boiling water spill on her hand & arm stops us.  The little girl stretched out her burnt arm.  This time we saw new skin, no infection and no scarring.  It looks wonderful!  God is so good.

 

Anyone in need of "spectacles" received a pair to take home with them today.  What a treasure these glasses are to them. Thank you so much for your donations.

 

Today's message was "Keep Your Song" Don't let anyone or any circumstance steal it from you.

 

Psm 104:33  I will sing to the Lord all my life, I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

 

Without music my voice went out over the loud speakers, that are attached to the outside of the church, as I sang "Change My Heart Oh God".  I could see people stopping outside as they listened to the woman from America sing.

 

After Sunday service we did a few visits house to house. At the end of the day I shared a meal with a couple ladies from the church.  The meal they cooked had rice topped with cut up potatoes, tomatoes, pieces of meat & spices.  It has been a great day.

No comments: