Monday, September 29, 2008

VISIBLE LOVE

Pastor Alfred invited me to speak at his church Sunday morning. Greater Love Church sits on top of a hill in Kawangware. The sounds of praise music, African style, echoed through out the different walk ways in the slums.


I spoke on "Visible Love" and in so doing I thanked everyone for the love that has been shown to me.


  1. I have had many hands reach out to hold mine.
  2. I've been given hand made gifts.
  3. I've been invited into many homes. They have openly shared their hurts, troubles and pains with me.
  4. They have offered to cook for me and fix me tea.
  5. So many have thanked me for coming and spending time with them.

Their love has been expressed in so many ways. God has certainly blessed me.


After the service I spent the afternoon at Pastor Alfred's home with his wife and three daughters. We discussed the "dump babies". They are the babies that are left in the dump to die. They are unwanted and discarded, literally thrown away. Pastor Alfred explained to me the process to go through should I find one of these babies. Unfortunately many times the dogs will find the babies first.


We had several stop and visit during the afternoon. One lady who sat with us was in need of prayer. Perhaps she had AIDS or TB, maybe she had both. Her body was wasted away. Her cough was so deep and full. Each breath she took used all the energy remaining in her body. We prayed for God to perform a miracle with in her body.


Pastor Alfred, Pastor Chris and Pastor Shuls have helped me in so many ways. They have walked with me and introduced me to the ways of life here in the Nairobi slums. I have learned so much from them. I thank God for their dedication and love that is extended to the people here.

No comments: