Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Busy Sunday


They had the posters everywhere!

The are so many beautiful little children running around.
I love being around them.


At 7 am on Sunday I headed to the slums of Kawangware. It was an honor to assist in the baptism for 4 new Christians. I spoke at the morning service inside Pastor Christopher Shitambasi's church, participated in the ordination of a pastor to Mombasa and prayed for many needs. A celebration was then held at Pastor's house in Kawangware. I am told I was given a meal of honor. Rose cooked a great meal of rice with a potato /carrot topping. I am so blessed to be so well taken care of. I took a short nap there as I find all of the walking, heat and so many changes making me very tired. Shortly after my nap we continued to the stage for the ending of the crusade. One man came forward for salvation. Many prayers were said over the children & the sick. I was happy to see one of the newly saved young women return for all of the services. She still asks for prayer. We gave out many slippers that my mom made to the children of the slums. Their eyes twinkled and they held them so tightly. They call them socks! They pray that my mom will be blessed with long life. We went into a new area of the slums called the "Congo." This area is used for making their brew. I walked by the stills and watch so many stagger back and forth. I told one man that Jesus loved him and he turned and spit on the pastor that was walking with me. This pastor never once moved a muscle, only love was seen in his face. What a tremendous example of the love of Jesus I have seen flow through this man. After this red eyed, staggering man, totally out of his mind spit on the pastor he then fell to his knees and asked for prayer. We arrived back at our place of rest around 7 pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey mom Lisa and I are praying for you. Keep up the good work. We love you.