Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bugoma Hospital

This blog post was intended to be published Friday, September 19, 2008



Friday we traveled from Mwanza to Bugoma Hospital. After climbing nine flights of stairs we reached the area where the children and women stayed. There were so many tremendous needs and our prayers were welcomed. We prayed for so many with tumors; one tumor covering the whole side of the face, a tumor the size of a grapefruit on someones neck, tumors on the roof of the mouth pushing outward so that the eye protrudes. There are 8 beds to a room and sometimes 3 sharing a bed. The air was so still in this area that I found myself feeling faint. After resting a bit I went back to praying for their needs. There were children with broken bones, head injuries, cripples. I have never prayed for anyone before with such visible needs as I have seen today. As serious as they are I still know that God is able.

As I walk the streets and see the blind & crippled begging, I find myself stopping and saying a quick prayer with them. I am reminded of Peter & John in Acts 3. They took time to pray for a cripple that so many walked by. They cared, they prayed, God performed a miracle and revival spread through out the area.

We serve a powerful God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for the updates. I am praying for God to give you supernatural strength and to endure all the unexpecteds!
Lord, lift Linda up today as she moves in your will. Keep her eyes on only what you would have her do. Thank you Jesus...so many needs, so little time Lord......help her. In Jesus name Amen
Jesus love to you Linda
Cindy Page